Reviews are especially important for e-commerce sites. For a brick and mortar store, customers may be attracted by the store’s decoration and products, then they are willing to shop. But for an online store, customers will consider more when placing an order because they cannot confirm the authenticity of the store and control the quality of the products. They will be more willing to learn about your store and products through the reviews of other buyers.
Ratings and reviews have always been important, and they’ve become even more important in 2022, according to Power Reviews. You can see that in the chart below.
We also mentioned How Product Reviews Help Your Dropshipping Business in a previous article. So today in this article, we will select the best product review apps for your Shopify store to choose from.
Top 10 Shopify Reviews App
- Ali Reviews ‑ Product Reviews
- Loox Product Reviews & Photos
- Yotpo Product Reviews & Photos
- Judge.me Product Reviews
- Fera Product Reviews App
- Ryviu: Aliexpress Reviews App
- Automizely Product Review App
- Stamped Product Reviews & UGC
- Rivyo Product Reviews & QA
- Loyalty, Reviews, Wishlist +2
Ali reviews is one of the best Shopify review apps, with over 7600+ 5-star reviews. It has many features:
1. Collect reviews. Ali reviews provides pre-built templates that allow sellers to collect customer reviews via email, SMS, Facebook Messenger, DM, or any sales channel.
2. Import reviews from Aliexpress. This is their most famous feature. With this feature, you can collect photo reviews for dropshipping businesses directly from Aliexpress or through DSers/Oberlo app.
3. Show reviews. They have beautiful widgets to display reviews on any page. You can freely layout product reviews on the homepage, product pages, or even shopping cart pages to increase the possibility of purchase.
Pros of Ali reviews:
1) Importing reviews fast and numerous, and you can modify all the content included in the reviews.
2) Show the most relevant reviews to the right visitors on any page of your store based on their online behavior in the store (products in cart, products viewed) and other personal information powered by Shopify (geographic location/AOV/purchase history).
3) World-class support available 24/7
$9.90/month for starters.
Loox Product Reviews & Photos
Loox is similar to Ali reviews, Loox allows you to automatically collect customer reviews with photos and videos. Its main function is to import product reviews from Aliexpress.com, request reviews from users, and offer discounts to users who provide photo reviews.
It is very easy to use. After installing this Shopify product review app, you can invite buyers to write reviews with images. Buyers can choose to skip if they don’t want to upload images. And you can also import reviews from any source.
Pros of Loox product reviews:
1) Loox collects real product reviews through review request emails to improve the stickiness of brand site users.
2) Custom discount settings, give users discount codes by inviting them to submit image reviews to increase their repurchase rate.
3) Good compatibility, fully adaptable to all free themes.
4) Custom layout of comment display position, including product comment carousels, comment popups and comment sidebar.
5) The plugin will not slow down your site speed.
From $9.99/month. 14-day free trial.
Yotpo Product Reviews & Photos
Yotpo is arguably one of the first Shopify product review apps, launched on November 15, 2011. It has helped thousands of forward-thinking brands collect reviews, ratings, photos and videos, and convert customer content into sales.
The specific features include:
1. Collect customer reviews, ratings, photos and Q&A
- Sellers can manage all the reviews they receive and decide which ones can be published and which ones are hidden
- Display customer reviews on the website to help buyers make purchase decisions, thereby increasing conversion rates
- Display ratings in the organic search results and Google ads to increase search traffic
- Import existing reviews with a few clicks and share the customer reviews you have obtained on social networks
- Build a community of followers through customer review content
- Display buyers’ reviews in widgets and store tabs
Free plan is available. Paid plan starts from $15/month.
Judge.me Product Reviews
Judge.me helps you collect and display star ratings and reviews about your products and Shopify store. It has review widgets and review request emails in 34 languages to help you collect and display customer reviews.
Interestingly, their free plan also includes unlimited product review requests. In addition, Judge.me integrates with many other Shopify applications, including Loyalty Points VIP Referral Programs by Smile.io, PushOwl – Web Push Notifications, Tracking & Delivery Updates by AfterShip, Google Shopping Feed, LoyaltyLion – Loyalty rewards and referrals, and Klaviyo: Marketing. This means you can also use these apps to increase your productivity and sales.
Pros of Judge.me:
- Free plans are powerful enough to do most things
- Easy to set up and manage
- Excellent customer service
Forever free plan is available. $15/month for a paid plan.
Fera Product Reviews App
Fera allows you to maximize social recognition and customer trust without compromising your brand. This easy-to-use Shopify review app allows you to import reviews from Google, Facebook, Trustpilot and display reviews in Google Search and Google Shopping. Sellers can also edit reviews, photos and videos as needed.
Other great features are the smart review widget that avoids automatically showing 0 reviews and sharing reviews and photos between similar products.
Free plan available. 14-day free trial. Paid plans range from $9 per month to $99 per month.
Ryviu: Aliexpress Reviews App
Ryviu is a Shopify review plugin that supports image comments. Its powerful review import tool helps you collect reviews from other places to easily convert your store reviews to Shopify. The supported eCommerce platforms are Aliexpress, Etsy, Amazon and DHgate.
You manually match the products in your Shopify store with the products on Aliexpress or Amazon, and then the system automatically does the review importing work. After successfully importing reviews, you can also edit ratings, and modify review content, time, and even images.
Another feature is that it has a Question & Answers widget which helps customers to ask product questions and you can easily manage and answer the questions.
Free plan available. Up to $19.99/month.
Automizely Product Review App
Automizely is a Shopify app developed and designed by AfterShip for self-built/independent stores, which summarizes up to 18 kinds of marketing plugins/tools for independent stores, including email marketing, shopping cart recovery, pop-up, coupon code alert stickers, promotion countdown plugins, etc., mainly for Shopify-built stores.
Automizely’s product review app allows you to import product photos and text reviews from your Aliexpress product pages in seconds. Their review widget can be customized with layout, color and font style to match your brand tone.
You can also invite customers to write reviews by sending review request emails and offering incentives.
Stamped Product Reviews & UGC
It builds social identity by collecting and using the user-generated content that matters most to your customers. And the app helps Shopify store owners import and collect reviews from Facebook, FB Messenger, AliExpress and Klaviyo.
This Shopify review app works on any theme. It sends review requests to reviewers via SMS and offers coupons to incentivize customers to write photo and video reviews. With over 5,000 positive reviews, you can trust this app.
Free plan is available. The basic plan is $23/month.
Rivyo Product Reviews & QA
Rivyo is another popular Shopify review app that is loved by store owners for its ease of use and helpful support team. If you are moving from Aliexpress or Amazon to Shopify, you can try this app. Its free plan also allows merchants to import 100 reviews from Aliexpress/Amazon.
The application also offers a Q&A widget that allows customers to ask any pre-sales questions about any product. Once the order is completed, the system will automatically send an email requesting a review.
Free plan with unlimited reviews. Starter plan from $5.99/month.
Loyalty, Reviews, Wishlist +2
Growave is a one-stop marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users, and increase conversions.
The Shopify app encourages users to share the brand on social media and email, use loyalty programs, and engage customers to review products to solidify our connection with customers and make the brand grow by using customer reviews and user-generated content to inspire and increase conversions.
It’s somewhat similar to Looox, which lets Shopify sellers send automated email alerts to customers asking them to review their purchases. Also, they can change the design to show reviews in the carousel or have a dedicated review page in the Shopify store.
Some of Growave’s features integrate with Google Shopping to display ratings and reviews of product listing ads. Audiences have the option of sharing reviews on social media and displaying seller reviews on their Facebook page.
However, many of Growave’s features are only available on the higher PRO-level plan.
The basic plan is $9/month with a 14-day free trial.
All in all, the product review app is one of the essential apps for your Shopify store.
When you start using apps, it can be confusing because there are so many available options. It is recommended that you check your marketing strategy and budget when deciding to install or purchase an app, as this will affect your app selection.